The Message Sender is a feature-rich HL7 network client. You can use it for testing for to upload HL7 data to another system with a HL7 inbound interface. It is designed to provide every convenience for you to load and send HL7 messages.
Compared to the Viewer, the Sender provides more interactive options. I love to hear your feedback and to report any bugs. It’s again a freeware, you need to read and agree to the Terms & Conditions before download and use it.
Note the sending destination’s port is limited to range 1024-65535. This is to discourage those “well-known ports” (range 0-1023) being used for HL7 communication.
- It has a small single executable, no install required.
- It handles very large file easily, and it is very fast.
- It implements MLLP which is compliant with the HL7 Standard.
- It displays every message’s send-status, including the received ACK (acknowledgement) and response time.
- It provides stats and has the option of logging sent and received messages to file.
- It is designed to provide the most convenience.
- It is free.
The HL7 Viewer.
The HL7 Receiver.